- Botanical name: Canarium commune, C. species, C. communis
- Family: Burseraceae
- Origin: Philippines
- Characteristics: Steam distillation, also absolute from resin. Clear to yellowish with citrus aroma
- Blends well with: Frankincense, Myrrh, Lavender
- Common Uses:
- Elemi has similar uses with Frankincense and Myrrh but Elemi is better with balsamic, pine, and lemon notes. In perfume it is used a base or fixative.
- Elemi has excellent therapeutic healing in respiratory system, such as reduct mucous and phlegm, dry night coughs, bronchitis
- Elemi use as an analgesic, antiseptic. It good for aging skin, infected cut / wounds, skin inflammation
- Elemi has warming property. It improve circulation, clam, relax, giving users a feeling of peace, relieve nervous exhaustion, promote restful and stress-related conditions.
(a) Avoid use during pregnancy
(b) It may causes cross sensitivity to Peru balsam in some individual