- Botanical name:Citrus aurantium var. amara
- Family: Rutaceae
- Origin:France, North Africa, Paraguay
- Characteristics: Pale yellow to amber colour with fresh floral citrus aroma & woody herbaceous undertone.
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clary sage, Geranium, Lavender, Lime, Jasmine, Neroli, Orange, Palmarosa, Rosemary, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Ylang-Ylang
- Common Uses:
– Petitgrain has a sedative effect on the nervous system, its relaxing properties are slow down rapid heart beat caused by anxiety and tension
– It reduces PMS and menopausal mood swings
– It helps rebuild, calms and balance nervous system, calms
– It decreases mental chatter but increases self worth
– It has a tonic effect on the skin and it helpful for clearing up skin blemishes and pimples
– None, only it may irritate sensitive skin and increase photosensitivity.