- Botanical name: Myristica fragrans
- Origin:Native to the Moluccas ; cultivated in Indonesia, Sri Lanka and the West Indies
- Characteristics: A pale yellow liquid with a sweet, warm spicy odour
- Blends well with: Bay, Black pepper, Cajeput, Clary sage, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Ginger, Lavender, Lime, Mandarin, Orange, Peppermint, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Ylang-Ylang and most spice oils.
- Common Uses:
– It is atonic and is recommended as a stimulant and cardiac tonic.
– It is most useful as a digestive stimulant, helping people who can not assimilate food. Its also useful for the treatment of wind, nausea, chronic vomiting and diarrhoea
– Avoid during pregnancy
– Do not use on children under 5 years old
– Avoid with seizures
– Could cause allergy with sensitive skin