- Botanical name: Citurs aurantium var. amara / Citrus vulgaris
- Family: Rutaceae
- Origin: USA
- Characteristics: Dark yellow or brownish yellow with fresh, dry, sweet, aroma
- Blends well with: All the citrus, especially blend with Petitgrain, Neroli, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Peppermint, Pine Needle, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Thyme, Ylang Ylang.
- Common Uses:
-Bitter orange is the most potent blend for relieving stress and stress-related conditions.
– Used to treat dull complexions, mouth ulcers, obesity, palpitations bronchitis, chills colds, and flus. It boosts immune system
– Bitter orange oil is used in some stomachic, toxin release and carminative preparations.
– Can cause photosensitivity
– May cause skin irritation, especially in those with sensitive skin.