Botanical name: Citrus aurantifolia / Citrus medica var. acida / Citrus latifolia
Origin: Originally from Asia, Limes are now cultivated in mostly warm countries, especially Italy, the West Indies and the Americas.
Characteristics: Lime oil has a sharp, citrus peel smell and is pale yellow to light olive in color.
Blends well with: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Mandarin, Neroli, Orange, Palmarosa, Petitgrain, Rose, Rosemary, Rosewood, Vetiver, Ylang-Ylang
- Lime is considered a digestive stimulant properties that would be able to increases appetite, detoxifies effects of alcoholism
- Lime is very good for circulation system, such as: helping poor circulation lymphatics, cellulite, varicose veins, stops bleeding and more
- it is useful boost immune system and copes with fevers, colds
- Lime is good for acne, oily skin, Its astringent, toning and refreshing properties help clear oily congested skin
- Lime oil can cause photosensitivity in strong sunshine and can irritate skin
- It may cause skin irritation with sensitive skin .