- Botanical name: Cananga odorata
- Family: Annonaceae / Compositae
- Origin: Philippines and Madagascar
- Characteristics: Sweet, floral, exotic, creamy rich aroma
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Neroli, Orange, Patchouli, Rose, Rosewood, Sandalwood and Tangerine
- Common Uses:
- Ylang- Ylang is highly beneficial for treating female reproductive problems, tonic to the uterus, frigidity, impotence, PMS and especially during menopause mood swings
- Ylang-Ylang is useful in reducing rapid breathing and quickly lowers blood pressure and reduces excess heart beat.
- Ylang-Ylang has a balancing effect on sebum making it effective on both oily and dry skin
(a) It may cause nausea, dizziness and headaches with excessive use
(b) Do not use on damaged, inflamed or very sensitive skin.
(c) Never use with low blood pressure individual
(d) A few cases of sensitization have been reported