- Botanical name:Pogostemon cablin
- Family:Lamiaceae / Labiatae
- Origin:Malaysia, Indonesia, India and China
- Characteristics: Amber or dark orange, viscous liquid with sweet, rich, herbaceous-earthy aroma and slight spicy undertones.
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Black pepper, Clary sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, lavender, Lemongrass, Myrrh, Neroli, Rose, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Ylang-Ylang
- Common Uses:
– Patchouli has a strong astringent and cicatrisant properties.
– It has diuretic properties which make it useful in the case of fluid retention and cellulite. It is increased fat processing, good for people who is on diet.
– Patchouli is used as a tissue regenerator helping stimulate regrowth of skin cells and forming scar tissue especially it tones skin after weight loss
– It assists healing rough, cracked skin, sores and wounds.
– Patchouli helps ground and balancing effect on emotions. It integrates energy and keep the mind focused
– It may cause appetite loss
– It may irritate sensitive skin