- Botanical name: Myrtus communis
- Family: Myrtaceae
- Origin: North Africa, Mediterranean
- Characteristics: a pale yellow or orange colour with clear, fresh, sweet herbaceous scent
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Clary sage, Eucalyptus, Ginger, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, Spearmint, Thyme, Tea tree
- Common Uses:
- Mytle is antiseptic and bactericidal particularly in lungs and urinary infection.
- It is very effective clearing on entire respiratory system where there is excessive bronchial catarrh, sinus congestion, colds, flu, asthma
- Mytle is suitable for oily, acne, congested and infected skin.
- Mytle has uplifting and refreshing effect. It has been used in psycho-spiritual work for cleansing inner though and feeling
(a)Avoid during the first trimester of pregnancy
(c) It may cause skin or mucous membrane irritation in some individual