Melissa True 10% dilution
- Botanical name:Melissa officinalis
- Family:Lamiaceae / Labiatae
- Origin:A native to the Mediterranean but commonly found in most parts of Europe. Mainly cultivated in Hungary, Egypt, Italy and Ireland.
- Characteristics:Pale yellow colour with light, fresh lemony aroma
- Blends well with:Bergamot, Cedarwood, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Sweet Marjoram, Neroli, Rose, Ylang-Ylang
- Common Uses:
- Great antiviral properties against viruses associated with influenza, herpes, chicken pox, mumps, herpes simplex / cold sore , herpes zoster / shingles.
- Melissa has uplifting and anti-depressant properties. It calms the nerves and has excellent qualities in soothing fighting depression.
- It helps in cases of hysteria and panic and helps to slow the heartbeat, eases high blood pressure and tonic to the heart.
- It regulates the menstrual cycle, also helping with period pains.
- It can help with headaches and migraines associated with colds
(a) Avoid during pregnancy
(b) May cause skin irritation / sensitization with sensitive skin
(c) Use carefully with hypotensive clients
(d) Avoid with prostatic hyperplasia, glaucoma
(e) Avoid with children under 2 yrs old