- Botanical name: Boswellia carteri
- Family: Burseraceae
- Origin: The tree originates from the Middle East. The gum is produced mainly in Somalia, China, South arabia and India.
- Characteristics: a warm, woody, sweet balsamic, spicy with a hint of lemon.
- Blends well with: Basil, Bergamot, Black pepper, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Neroli, Orange, Patchouli, Pine, Rose, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang-Ylang.
- Common Uses:
- Frankincense is effective for respiratory congestion, asthma, eases shortness of breath and increases the amplitude of the breath.
- Frankincense slows down breathing and produces feelings of calm, spiritual and uplifting to the mind, helps meditation, clears bad atmospheres
- Its astringent properties may also help balance oily skin conditions
- Frankincense slows down breathing and produces feelings of calm.
- Safe oil but avoid using during the pregnancy